The Deer Lodge Preservation Commission will be hosting the 2017 Mullan Road Conference in Deer Lodge, Montana May 19-21.
Conference sessions will be held in two of our beautifully preserved historic structures: The Rialto Community Theater and the Masonic Temple.
Download the latest version of the DRAFT Program
Use this interactive google Map to find any of the destinations listed in the program.
Four different ways to participate:
$95 for all three days,
$75 for just Saturday & Sunday,
$35 Sunday field trip only,
$15 Saturday sessions only (no food)
Register now online!
Early registration receives 1 FREE drink Coupon for the Friday night Evening Reception
May 8th is last day for EARLY REGISTRATION
If you would rather pay by check make your check out to “Powell County Museum and Arts Foundation” and mail to 1106 Main Street, Deer Lodge, MT 59722.
You can also call The Powell County Museum and Arts Foundation and register by phone with a credit card at 406-846-3111.
Take a step back to the 1860s to hear stories about what happened and what’s happening on the road that built Montana.
The conference evolved out of the annual Mullan Day celebration that was initiated 25 years ago by the Mineral County Historical Society in Superior, Montana. Since 2006 it has been held each spring along the 624-mile military wagon road that Lieutenant John Mullan and his crews engineered and built in 1859-62 through the Northern Rockies from Walla Walla to Fort Benton.
- Budget Inn, 808 Main St. – 406-846-2810
- Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, 1500 Fairmont Rd, Anaconda, MT 59711, 1-800-332-3272 http://fairmontmontana.com/Home
- Marcus Daly Motel, 119 W. Park St., Anaconda, MT 59711 – 1-800-535-6528
- Travelodge, 1150 N. Main Street (57 rooms) – 406-846-2370 https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/travelodge/deer-lodge-montana/travelodge-deer-lodge-montana/overview?CID=LC:TL:20160927:Rio:Local&iata=00065402
- Vacation Rental By Owner (VRBO.com) https://www.vrbo.com/956334
- Western Big Sky Inn, 210 N. Main St. (20 rooms) – 406-846-2590, http://westernbigskyinn.com/
RV Parks & Campgrounds:
- Indian Creek Campground, 745 Maverick Lane – 406-846-3848, http://indiancreekcampground.net/
- KOA Campground, 330 Park St. (rustic cabins) – 800-562-1629, http://koa.com/campgrounds/deer-lodge/
- Riverfront RV Park, 115 Riverfront Lane, Garrison MT 59731 – 1-800-255-1318, http://www.riverfrontrvparkmt.com/facilities.htm